BTC · 1H · DOWNTREND
Price made a clear swing high near 67,200 in mid-June, then printed a series of lower highs and lower lows all the way down into the 57,200–58,000 zone by late June. The most recent move off that low is a sharp recovery rally that's pushed price back up to 62,500 — but I'm reading this as a lower high forming in progress, not a trend reversal. The structure is still bearish: the swing high around 65,200 from late June held, and price is now trading right into the 62,500–63,200 resistance band where multiple prior consolidation zones overlap. That said, I can't ignore the Crypto Fear & Greed Index sitting at 22 — extreme fear territory — which historically has marked near-bottom conditions and increases the probability of a larger bounce or even a reversal. JPMorgan flagging that miners have been operating below the $78,000 production cost for five straight months adds fundamental pressure to the downside, but the fear/greed divergence keeps me from going full bear conviction here. The CryptoQuant note about a surge in exchange deposits is a short-term bearish signal — coins moving to exchanges typically precede selling. My read is that this rally is likely a relief bounce into resistance, and I'm looking to fade it — but I'm sizing down given the extreme fear backdrop.
Setup: SHORT (conditional)
- Entry: 63,000 — I'm waiting for price to push into the 62,800–63,200 resistance zone and show a rejection candle before triggering. At 63,000 the chart would show price tagging the confluence of prior consolidation resistance with a failed push higher — that's where I'd pull the trigger.
- Stop Loss: 63,600 — just above the resistance band. If price closes above here, the lower-high thesis is broken.
- Take Profit 1: 61,200 — prior consolidation support from the base of the last rally leg.
- Take Profit 2: 59,200 — back toward the low-end compression zone that formed post-flush.
- Risk/Reward: 2.9:1 (risking ~600 to make ~1,800 to TP1)
- Confidence: MEDIUM — structure favors the short, exchange deposit data supports near-term selling pressure, but extreme fear at 22 on the F&G index means I'm not max short. I'm treating this as a scalp fade, not a full position, and I'll cut it fast if price holds above 63,200 with any conviction.
SCENARIO
Resistance: 63,200 / 65,200
Support: 61,200 / 59,200
This is not financial advice. Content is AI-generated.