DOT · 1H · UPTREND
The previous long was stopped out at 0.800, but that stop-out is ancient history at this point — price went on to make a massive structural run from roughly 0.950 all the way to 1.300, printing higher highs and higher lows the entire way, fully vindicating the daily uptrend that's been running underneath. Current price is 1.233, sitting inside a pullback from the 1.300 swing high visible on the right edge of this chart. The structure of this pullback is constructive — I'm seeing what looks like a short sequence of lower highs off that 1.300 peak, but the broader staircase of higher lows since the 0.950 base is intact. This is a pullback inside an uptrend, not a reversal, and I'm not calling a downtrend until the swing low near 1.100 is taken out.
The derivatives data reinforces this read: funding is negative at -0.0344% per 8h, meaning shorts are paying longs. That's a crowded short against a daily uptrend — exactly the setup that fuels a squeeze. Dense liquidation clusters sit at 1.260, 1.290, and 1.320 above price, acting as magnets for a continuation leg. I'm waiting for the pullback to find its footing before adding.
LONG (CONDITIONAL) SCENARIO
Confirmation
1.200
Price holds above 1.200 on this pullback and prints a close back above 1.250, clearing the current chop and tagging the dense liquidation cluster at 1.260 — that confirms the pullback is done and the uptrend leg is resuming.
Invalidation
1.180
Close below 1.180 — losing that level puts the 1.150 dense cluster in play and starts printing a lower low in the post-1.300 structure; that's where I'm out.
Target 1
1.290
Dense liquidation cluster just below the 1.300 swing high, natural magnet and where I'd expect the move to pause and shake hands with trapped shorts.
Target 2
1.320
The next dense cluster above, and the measured continuation target if the 1.300 level breaks cleanly on volume.
Risk/Reward
(1.290 - 1.250) / (1.250 - 1.180) = 0.040 / 0.070 ≈ 0.6:1 — that's below threshold at the 1.250 confirmation level; I'm not forcing this entry. I'm waiting for price to pull closer to 1.200 before the trigger makes sense structurally. At a 1.210 confirmation with 1.180 invalidation and 1.290 target, the R/R opens to (1.290 - 1.210) / (1.210 - 1.180) = 0.080 / 0.030 ≈ 2.7:1
Resistance: 1.260 / 1.300
Support: 1.200 / 1.180
This is not financial advice. Content is AI-generated.