ATOM · 1H · SIDEWAYS
My last read published two conditional scenarios. The short side triggered first — confirmation was already met when the read was written, Target 1 at 1.68 and Target 2 at 1.64 both reached. The long side also triggered: price closed above 1.80 on the 1H at 15:00 UTC on Oct 4, confirming the bullish structure — but then price traded back down to touch 1.68, hitting the long invalidation on the same session. Both setups are resolved. I'm starting clean.
What I see now: price is at 1.771, sitting in dead space between the 1.68–1.70 support shelf and the 1.80 resistance. The daily trend is up, but on the 1H the structure is a mess — no clean trend, just a sequence of lower highs off the 1.93 area flushing to 1.61, then a sharp recovery to ~1.80, then back down and now churning in the mid-1.70s. Neither side has clean structure right now. Mid-range at 1.771 gives me nothing to work with in either direction — I'm not taking either side here.
The news context attached is irrelevant — the headlines reference Atome PLC (London AIM) and Atomera Inc, neither of which is ATOMUSDT on Binance. I'm reading this purely on price and derivatives. Funding at -0.0176% per 8h means shorts are paying longs — the crowd is leaning short here, which is a mild squeeze risk to the upside. Open interest at $2.83M is thin, so moves can extend fast in either direction. The dense liquidation cluster at 1.80 above remains a magnet; the dense cluster at 1.67 below is the gravitational pull on the downside.
NEUTRAL — I'M TAKING NEITHER SIDE FROM 1.771. PRICE IS MID-RANGE BETWEEN TWO LEVELS I'D ACTUALLY TRADE, AND THERE'S NO STRUCTURAL EDGE AT THE CURRENT PRINT. SCENARIO
LONG (CONDITIONAL) SCENARIO
Confirmation
1.80
Closing above 1.80 on the 1H — that clears the dense liquidation cluster and the sequence of lower highs off the Sep 27 peak; the EMA cluster must be rising beneath it to confirm momentum.
Invalidation
1.68
Close below 1.68 — breaks the higher-low shelf and re-engages the 1.67 dense liquidation cluster below.
Target 1
1.83
Prior swing reaction area, first structural pause visible on this chart after the 1.80 cluster.
Target 2
1.93
Next dense liquidation cluster above, structural objective from the full recovery leg.
Risk/Reward
(1.83 − 1.80) / (1.80 − 1.68) = 0.03 / 0.12 = 0.25:1 — this fails the 1.2x minimum; Target 1 alone does not justify the entry at confirmation. The honest target from a 1.80 confirmation is 1.93, using the full leg as the objective. R/R = (1.93 − 1.80) / (1.80 − 1.68) = 0.13 / 0.12 = 1.1:1 — still marginal, and earnings in 21 days add event risk beyond a week out. I'd need to see a clean hold and follow-through above 1.80 before committing.
Confidence
LOW — the short-side crowd paying funding is a squeeze tailwind, but the structure above 1.80 has rejected price twice already on this chart. Daily trend is up, so this is the directionally aligned trade, but the R/R is thin and the setup would need a strong close, not just a wick.
SHORT (CONDITIONAL — COUNTER-TREND VS DAILY UP) SCENARIO
Confirmation
1.80
Rejection at 1.80 with a 1H close back below 1.77, short MAs rolling over and price failing to hold the level on a second test.
Invalidation
1.83
Clean 1H close above 1.83 — reclaims structure above the dense cluster and brings the Sep 27 swing high back into play.
Target 1
1.68
Dense liquidation cluster, proven floor from the Sep 30 and Oct 4 lows.
Target 2
1.64
Next dense cluster below, already reached once this month.
Risk/Reward
(1.77 − 1.68) / (1.83 − 1.77) = 0.09 / 0.06 = 1.5:1
Confidence
LOW — counter-trend against the daily uptrend, and funding is short-side already crowded (shorts paying), which means a squeeze is more likely than a cascade. I only take this if 1.80 produces a clear rejection with momentum, not a grind.
Resistance: 1.80 / 1.83
Support: 1.68 / 1.64
This is not financial advice. Content is AI-generated.